San Diego Green Hotel - Sustainability in ActionWith the ultimate goal of a healthier planet, our downtown hotel proudly does its part to encourage sustainable business practices and eco-friendly lifestyle choices. Recognized as environmentally friendly by numerous organizations, our green hotel in San Diego makes it easy for guests to live consciously with sustainable travel options. From natural cleaning supplies and motion sensor lights to recycling bins and free valet service for hybrid cars, our sustainable hotel in San Diego is committed to creating a better world.
San Diego Sustainable Hotel Recognitions
- Featured in SDG&E Feb/Mar 2016 EnergyUpdate highlighting award-winning energy performance in 2015
- The Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown was awarded a 3 out of 5 "leaf" rating by iStay Green
- Honored with a 2013 Stars of the Industry: Good Earthkeeping Award by the California Hotel & Lodging Association for devoloping a culture of superior environmental management practices, implemented through the EarthView Initiative
- Received 2013 Lodging Energy Efficiency Program Award by SDG&E - Willdan Energy Solutions for reducing energy usage and carbon emissions
- Earned 2013 Alonzo Award for contributing to the enhancement of Downtown San Diego via the hotel's recent revitalization
- Named Energy Champion by SDG&E in 2010
Green Practices at Our Hotel
- Recycling receptacles are provided in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and common areas.
- Employees at our hotel come to work using public transportation.
- Digital thermostats with passive motion sensors have been placed in each hotel room and suite, turning off the air conditioning when guests leave the room.
- We encourage our guests to reuse linens and towels whenever possible, helping us to cut down on water usage.
- Vanity sinks in guest bathrooms are outfitted with water savings restrictors, reducing water flow while maintaining pressure.
- Our housekeeping staff uses green laundry detergent and cleaning supplies.
- Our employees and management chair monthly Green Team meetings.
- Motion sensor lights have been placed in the back-of-house corridors, storage rooms and fire stairwells to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
- Any old linens, furnishings, and unclaimed lost and found items are donated to a local shelter for the homeless.
- All to-go materials in The Lobby, including coffee cups, food containers, straws and utensils, are made out of bio-degradable or recyclable materials.
- Any leftover breads, pastries and fruit are donated to Rachel's Womens' Shelter, a local homeless shelter for women.
- Our green hotel in San Diego celebrates Earth Day, Public Transport/Car Pool Day and Earth Hour. For these celebrations we offer our guest special room packages.